Friday, February 18, 2011

swans in duets

Searching for various piano performances of "The Swan" from "The Carnival of the Animals" by by Camille Saint-Saëns, I came across a duet, Anderson & Roe and their amazing "Carmen Fantasy", a completely new approach to George Bizet beloved opera.



Unfortunately it turned out that the pair doesn't perform outside US. And I've got so excited when I saw "Southampton" as one of their 2011 concerts. However, upon closer examination I've also noticed two letters "NY", which immediately followed. And that rose my question for today: why they can't come up with a couple of original names for cities and not nick from Europe? Someone's getting home-sick in the Colonies?

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff!
    On the melancholy side, I'd say that rather opposite, in general those names might have been suggested way back in history, when the colonizers were still around. Don't you think so? :P

    ReplyDelete